Friday, March 12, 2010

Birthday cake-arama!

I have made many birthday cakes. Many different themes for various ages with a multitude of flavors.  This sushi cake was one of my favorites. 

I was inspired to post a bunch of birthday cake pictures, because we just celebrated one of my daughter's birthday.  I give you...birthday cake-arama!!

My oldest is now a teenager (tears falling and fear ensues). I can't believe she is not that pudgy, sweet, smiley little girl anymore.  She is really growing up and doing it with grace and beauty. Ok, don't judge what I said by this picture:) This was for a dance performance at a fashion show in Minneapolis. An award winning dance with outrageous hair and make-up.

Peanut butter cup arama was the request for this year. (Thanks Bakerella!)

This is a friend of the family, Grandpa Gyle.  He is a fisherman who also loves a pretty girl.  So, for his 78th birthday, we combined the two. Presenting... Miss Walleye. Funny, he ate the bikini first!

Even yoga instructors must eat cake.  This is my favorite yogi/torturer.  Wayne was so thrilled with this lime chiffon cake.  He said it was by far the most beautiful cake he had ever received. He has brought the beauty of yoga into my life, so I think it is a good trade. Although, I was hoping it would garner me a little leeway for when he comes around to raise up that leg in the bird of paradise. Not so much. Yowchhh. 

This one was for a client's 40th.  She likes to golf.  Must not have kids, is all I could think of.

A sweet 16 cake for a girlie girl.

My favorite C.W.'s daughter's cake.  Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and red velvet cupcake pops on top.  Seriously, can anyone get enough of the RV? Not me.

This one was for my daughter's BFF.  My Lou, designed it and I made it.  It was very fun to work on this with her and her friend loved it. A 13y/o girl can be tough to buy for.  Cake always works.  
Way better than another Aero shirt, right?

A special dancer we know, was turning 11 and her mom hadn't got a chance to get her a phone yet, but one was coming.  We thought this would hold her off a bit. Thank goodness my Livi was on hand to help me with the specs on this one.  She regularly searches for a phone of her own.  Poor delusional child. 
Not happening.

Our neighbor wanted a little something to do with golf for her son's 11th birthday. Golf theme, check.  Little, not so much.

Rock climbing party.  Gotta have a rock climbing cake, with a likeness of the birthday boy.  
An avid Twins fan.

This birthday girl was lucky to have a grandpa who wanted to surprise her with a sweet Hello Kitty cake.  Apparently, it was the hit of the party. 
(I must again apologize for my poor photography skills.  I am learning and Wendy B is helping me.  One tip to share with you- turn off the flash. Didn't do that on this one. Sorry if the glare is blinding you.)

This was for a darling little green eyed boy.  His mom gave me the invite, which inspired this one. The picture doesn't do it justice.  I don't often applaud myself, but this one was Super cute. 
Pun intended :)

This one was for a 2 year old who loves Sesame Street. Is there any 2 year old who doesn't? Or anyone any age that doesn't? The cupcake bites were the perfect companion to the cake.  The mom said the cake was for the child to dig into and destroy.  She knew the other party goers wouldn't want to eat the remnants, so we made the cupcake bites for the adults, err the other kids, yeah, it's all about the kids.

This is my little bubby.  He just wanted to decorate his own cupcakes for his birthday this year.  He said he would like us all to decorate the cupcakes as a family after his birthday dinner.  Instead of me being too busy in the kitchen and staying up all night working on a crazy custom cake.  He said spending time with me was really what he wanted that day. 
The guilt, oh, the guilt.
Actually, he gave me a gift that day.  I had 4 helpers making the cupcakes (that would be 4 more than usual) and then I just sat and watched them have so much fun decorating them.  
It was almost like a night off, almost.

Happy birthday to all of you out there that have just had a birthday or have one coming up. Hmm, well, I guess that means "Happy birthday to all and to all a good night!"


1 comment:

  1. Haha Bo loved her cell phone cake!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete