Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lou's birthday treats, because cake alone is not enough!

I mentioned in my last post that my oldest just turned 13.  She wanted a day of shopping and hanging out with her friends.  The festivities culminated with a little dessert birthday table and movie back at our house. Because cake alone is just not enough! 
Really the only parameters I was to stick with (birthday girl rules on her day, you know) was keep it mostly pink.  Easy enough. 
So, on hand we had some chocolate sugar cookies with fondant decorations.
We also had various cupcake bites and some pops as shown at the top of the post. They were either red velvet, vanilla or chocolate fudge. If I had to pick my favorite, it would have to be...well, I think it would be, probably... Hmm, I guess I couldn't choose.  You'll have to try them all and make a call for yourself:)
Lastly, Lou brought out the cake. Yes, it was almost as big as her.  I love the look in her eye on this picture.  Like she can't wait to share it with her friends. Or she is about to enter into a sugar coma. One of the two.

I can't believe she is a teenager.  I know things will change but for now she is still like that little girl, I hold so close to my heart. For her birthday she wanted family and friends around her. She never makes too many demands and is always very accommodating.  She wanted to watch a G-rated Disney movie that day.  She could've cared less about what was for dinner, but was all about desserts. Like my dad always says, "the years can go by but the core of who you are never changes".  I love my Lou and her sweet, sprinkled little chocolately core! 
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment