Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Is summer really coming to an end?


Wasn't it just the 4th of July? I feel like a broken record, but don't the weeks fly by?! I look at my kids and wish I could put a pause button on them.  One thing I should put a pause on, is my need to taste all my goodies! But hey, you gotta know what is going out to your customers, right? That's what I thought! 
So, for the 4th, I decided to make some sugar cookies and cupcake pops.  I sold them at Energy Pilates and Fitness, and Angelina's Kitchen the week of the 4th.  The only problem, I should have made more! Well, that and the fact that my kids didn't get to indulge in any patriotic sweets this year.  (They get goodies every day, so don't feel bad for them.)
I love finding more ways to do the cupcake pops! They are always such a hit and they stay good for a while.  Although, I think they get eaten so quickly the little sticks wonder where their cupcake friends went.  
I used some fondant decorations, tied a cute ribbon around the bag, and then placed them in a basket filled with styrofoam. Add a few flags and there you go! 
I did keep a few of these at home and placed them in a clear vase filed with red, white and blue M&Ms.  Super cute, but forgot to get a shot of that one.  I promise to work on my photography skills and settings.  I am sure it is making you all crazy mad.  Okay, maybe it is just me.

Enjoy these last sweet days of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment